New Line of Folding Bikes in 2010
CAMBRIDGE, MA – Spring 2010 – Montague Corporation, the leader in full-size folding bikes, has just announced their new line of bikes. In addition to offering high performance, portable mountain bikes, Montague will now offer a sleek new line of 700c pavement bikes. The 700c line includes: the Crosstown™, the Boston™, the Navigator® and the Fit™, all of which incorporate a new frame design optimized for pavement cycling, in addition to their patented folding technology.
This new design features VRC™ (Vibration Reduction Curve) technology designed to dampen road vibrations, making the ride smoother and more comfortable. By curving the double top tube frame, road vibrations are dispersed in a way that reduces unwanted feedback in the handlebars and saddle area.
“All our new models offer a solid ride for all levels of riders,” said Jonathan Vandenberg, sales manager. “Our engineers have incorporated all of our patented technologies across our complete line of bikes to provide the cyclist with improved performance, portability and safety.
These bikes are perfect for cyclists who want high performance but also want the flexibility of folding for travel, commuting and storage.”
The 700c series provide a range of four new options for pavement cyclists:
* The Boston™, the world’s first 700c single-speed folding bike, appeals to urban riders looking for the most simplicity and convenience. This bike has a flip-flop hub which allows for an easy switch to a fixed gear bike.
* The Crosstown™ is a 7-speed folding cruiser for cyclists who want a little more variety on the road. It also has the convenience of the Octagon™ Steering System, where the handle bar height can be adjusted with the simple click of a button.
* The Navigator® is a 27-speed folding commuter bike that features more frame details, such as fenders, a rear rack, and the Octagon Steering system.
* The FIT™ is a high performance road bike that offers a light and fast ride, with 27-speeds, low spoke-count wheels, the Octagon Steering system, and as always the option to fold the frame for easy storage and portability.
In addition to these new pavement bikes, Montague will also offer four new models of their traditional mountain bikes:
* The SwissBike™ X50 is a 18-speed mountain bike with front suspension and all-terrain tires. It makes for the perfect light trail bike or rugged commuter.
* The Paratrooper® is a tough 24-speed bike designed for and tested by the U.S. military with front suspension and front and rear disc brakes.
* The SwissBike™ X70 is a rugged 27-speed hard tail designed for XC and trail type riding. It is equipped with a Rockshox Dart 3 front fork and front and rear disc brakes.
* The SwissBike™ XO is an aggressive 27-speed race-ready hard tail equipped with Rockshox Recon front suspension and front and rear hydraulic disc brakes.
All Montague bikes use the patented F.I.T™ system. This folding design uses no hinges or other ‘cuts’ in the frame tubing, making these the strongest folding bike frames available for a fast responsive ride. Folding requires no tools and can be done quickly with the simple flick of a lever allowing the rider total flexibility in commute or travels. As always, the new line Montague bikes will fold in under 20 seconds and incorporate their latest patented technologies offering unprecedented performance and portability.
The launch of these bikes coincides with Montague’s updated website: www.montaguebikes.com. This exciting new website provides online visitors with new visual and navigation features, as well as options for customer interaction and accessibility.
About Montague Corporation
Montague Corporation is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts and is dedicated to advancing cycling through the development of inventive technologies that provide its customers with an unprecedented combination of performance and convenience. Visit www.montaguebikes.com or call toll free (800) 736-5348 for more information about Montague products and technologies.