This is WAY too cool not to share. Mark, one Montague rider who knows how to customize a bike, sent us an e-mail with a picture of his Montague Boston single speed that he customized on his own (since our bikes have industry standard components, this is simple and convenient!) and made it look, for lack of a better word, awesome.
Mark used a mix of new and used components for this modification. He did the work himself and called it a “fun little project.” Yes, it certainly looks like it!
Here’s a list of Mark’s modifications:
- White Velocity Deep V wheels
- Black/White Vittoria Rubino Pro tires
- White Eighth Inch 46t Crank (and Sugino bottom bracket)
- ACS Claws 19t freewheel
- Black/White KMC chain
- Forte carbon fiber bottle cage
- Wet White Ritchey WCS seatpost and stem
- Black Aliante Gamma saddle
- Profile Design Cobra Wing carbon fiber handle bar (w/ brake levers)
- Black Shimano Dual Platform A530 pedals
Thanks for your e-mail, Mark! We appreciate you sharing your bike with us. I’m sure everyone else is drooling as much as I am right now.
We’ve seen a lot of great modifications to our Montague Bikes. How have you modified yours? Did you do a long tour and add a trailer? Did you make your Paratrooper into a commuter vehicle and change the tires? Do you have an “awesome” single speed/fixed gear Boston like Mark’s? Tell us here, on our Facebook page, or send us an e-mail to bicycle at montaguebikes dot com
Don’t be afraid to post pictures and share your Montague Bikes with the world!